Thursday, October 21, 2010

WELCOME TO "THE WORLD AND MARTIAL ARTS"!

Hello and welcome to my blog about the martial arts! This blog is about how the martial arts are represented in the modern world. Therefore, most of the posts will be about Mixed Martial Arts events, movies, and video games, as these are the most recognizable and most commonly distributed forms of expression that contain martial arts these days.

FITNESS PHILIPPINES

This blog is actually a branching off point of my first blog, Fitness Philippines. That blog was originally supposed to be about my various points of view concerning fitness, health, nutrition, and the martial arts, as a Filipino. My original goal was to post about any one of those topics on a daily basis. Unfortunately, because I am still taking up graduate studies over at the University of the Philippines Diliman Campus' College of Human Kinetics, my schedule did not free enough time for me to write that many posts. That, compounded with the fact that there is almost always one major MMA event a week, made the blog grossly unbalanced towards the martial arts side, which alienated a lot of the blog's current and prospective audience, who expected more topics to be about fitness health, because of the blog title.

This forced me to retool Fitness Philippines, having it focus mainly on the fitness side, and create a blog solely dedicated to my views on the martial arts. As such, all the martial arts articles from that blog will now redirect here.

FOCUS ON THE UFC AND WEC 

As mentioned, I am currently taking up graduate studies and cannot afford to become a true full-time blogger yet. Therefore, I also cannot currently keep up with all the major MMA events. As such, I have decided to focus only on the UFC and WEC. This does not mean that I do not favor the other organizations. I have done  Strikeforce reviews before and still watch their events regularly, for example. I just want to create more focus for this blog and concentrating on only one or two organizations seems wise to me at the moment because of my schedule.

ABOUT ME

I have been fascinated about the martial arts ever since I was a little boy. I forget what age I was when I saw my first film, but I suppose I was around 4-5 years old, probably. That film was Bloodsportstarring Jean-Claude Van Damme, and I was completely mesmerized by it. I soon saw Enter the Dragonstarring the legendary Bruce Lee and became completely hooked on martial arts ever since. I have trained a bit in karate, judo, taekwondo, and wrestling ever since, but these days I mostly train on my own, using equipment and personal knowledge I have accumulated over the years.

WHAT'S NEXT

If you check my archives, you may notice that I have not been able to review of all of the major fights from the UFC, particularly from UFC 115, 119, and 120. This, again, is because of some clashes with my schedule, though I shouldn't really be making any excuses. I do plan on reviewing all of these fights in the future, but, of course, will still focus on the upcoming bouts, which everyone is more excited about. I am particularly excited in covering UFC 121, which I believe, will have a fantastic main event.

I also plan to continue reviewing The Ultimate Fighter Season 12. I finished reviewing Season 11 and love the show, warts and all, so I will catch up to the current season as best I can and finish it, along with any future seasons.

Thank you very much for reading my blog and hope you stick around! You can e-mail me or add me on twitter and we can talk about martial arts, fitness, or anything you want! See you around!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...